Friday, November 28, 2008

A little bit more....

Ok... Well... for the last few week-ends, I didn't get the chance to do any work on the MR2... For the couple of week-ends after the engine install, I was extremely busy, and hence didn't get a chance to work on the MR2.

We did, however, manage to squeeze in some Hrs on Saturday, although Sean and myself were busy. We got some minimal work done, outlined below...

Installed the coolant lines and looks OK... not the best, but will do the job for now.


It took us a while, and it'll take us a while to fill her up... because there isn't much room between the body and the filler cap. But none-the-less.... how often will we be touching the coolant lines?

We also re-attached the Clutch slave cylinder, the gear selector cables, Electrical cables, etc...
Below is a picture of the MAP sensor, which I conveniently had a right angle mounting bracket and mounted in place as shown below...


We also ended up connecting the fuel lines...


We also attempted the installation of the airbox. The airbox comes in several parts, namely the base plate, the Velocity stacks (Rubber ones) and then the cover. The picture below show the installation of the base place and 3x (out of the 4x) velocity stacks....


This is where 1 of the problems became very apparent...
UNDOCUMENT PROBLEM: You can not use the 16v Altnerator if you want to use the Blacktop Air box. The 16 Alternator has one of it connectors (The main 12v connector) pointing straight up, which will allow you to still install the airbox, but the terminal will touch the the airbox. Please note the airbox is made out of metal and will short the system over time.... not recommended.

The 20v Alternator has this same connector pointing perpendicular to the box, and hence, why you should use the 20v alternator. Alternatively, you could use after market velocity stacks (AKA Ramtubes or flutes) ... I'm looking into what options I have.

The next problem we faced was the airbox and the AW11 latch position. I've already know this one, as some have indicated this to be a problem.... nothing that Murphy couldn't fix with a bit of a hammer action... but again, I'm still looking into what my options are...


So... this was pretty much what we had time for, as my flue didn't allow me to go any further... :-( Yes, the last week-end I was actually crook in bed for the week-end... I couldn't believe it!!!!! And I was still suffering a bit of this week-end... But it's getting better.

Anyway... Hopefully next week-end we'll be able to start her up... So stay tuned... :-)

No comments: