Sunday, October 5, 2008

Some more painting & Cleanup....

Today, I only had about a couple of hours to spend working on the MR2... so basically, some very minor work can be done...
So I took the opportunity to sand back the Battery support tray, as it was fairly badly rusted, and to give it a new coat of paint.
As you can see... I also decided to remove the outside C-Pillar trims. I don't know if this was a good or bad thing, as I discovered that just about 75% of all my tabs on the trim have snapped off.... Hmmm... Dunno what my options are there, as toyota don't have them anymore... Need to find part # for these, and do the same... :-)
While removing the 16v engine, we caused a bit of damage to the rear/back wall of the engine bay, so I gave it a quick sand back using the metal brush, and also gave it a coat of paint. (The whites don't quiet match, but hey!!!!)

But as promised in my last post, I would load up some of the 20v engine mounts pics...

So, here they are.... These engine mounts are only the east-west engine mounts, and are about twice the size of the MR2 engine mounts. Please note the metal sleeving around the rubber on some of these mounts!!!! They are actually thicker than the actual engine mount!!!
Stay tuned... Hopefully, next time (Session) we'll be able to prepare the gearbox, fix the harness, and maybe mount the engine the following time...

No comments: