Monday, August 31, 2009

New Tyres... :-D

Time for new Tyres...
Well... finally decided to purchase a new set of tyres for the MR2... The current set were on the MR2 since 2002 and they were starting to show their ages... as whenever it rained, it was like driving on butter...

So far, the tyres I had on the Mr2 were....

Pirelli P0 - Great tyre... but not that great in wet, but better than most. Very grippy tho in the dry. Rating - Dry 9/10 and Wet 7.5/10

Dunlop W10 - Great tyre too... awsome on the dry, but terrible in the wet. Rating - Dry 8/10 and Wet 4/10

Goodyear Eagles F1 - Great tyre... Awsome when new, but they don't age that well... but in new tyres, Rating - Dry 8/10 and Wet 6/10

Yokohama S.Drive - Now out of all the tyres, I'm really impressed with these... They grip in the wet, just as well in the dry... of very close. Rating - Dry 9/10 and Wet 8.5/10.

Info for the Yoki tyres... http://www.yokohama.com.au/ourtyres/tyre.aspx?tyreid=206

These tyres come highly recommended...

Stay tuned for further updates... ;-)

3 comments:

TRD MR2 said...

WOW Mike 20valves finally good work.
I remember when you came and had a look at my conversion in 2002.
Have you had it on a Dyno yet?

MR2_AW111 said...

Hey TRD MR2... U still have your MR2? I remember back in 2K2... Should catch up again... Haven't dynoed yet, but will be soon, once I get the time... :-) Drop me an e-mail via my e-mail in signature or header... ;-)

MR2_AW111 said...

Hey TRD MR2... What is ur E-mail address? So we can re-establish contact again and exchange notes... ;-)

Thanks
MIKE.