Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Another test drive & Fitting Trim Pieces

Well... Last night, Sean came over, as he was eager to take the MR2 for a test drive... So we both went out and gave it a bit more stick... Both Sean and myself liked the feeling of the engine, although it is in an untuned state.

It is interesting. It definitly isn't a speed machine, but comparing the Supra and the Mr2. Although both these cars can't really be compared, it will give you an idea of what it is like. The Supra, in stock trim performed low 15sec on 1/4 miles (15.0 - 15.3). The MR2 is definitly much faster than the Supra on standard boost & trim. But keep in mind, it is in an untuned state at this stage. I think in a tuned state, it will definitly be going from mid to high 14sec on the 1/4mile... which is good enough for me... :D

The back end feels wobbly... Due to requiring wheel alignment

The engine has a flat spot... around the 2000-2500RPMs... needs a tune

The engine has a hickup... on steady rev, you can occasionally feel a miss-fire... Maybe new plugs will do the trick.

The intake has bad air-pickup (Warm air) and the filter might be a bit restrictive... this will be changed soon.

Sooooo... these are just a few things that need to be investigated... In the mean time, I decided to fit the new trim pieces which I purchased from Toyota... some pics below...




I promised MPOT that I will be bringing the car to the office, so he can have a look, so hopefully, I'll be able to do that this week... ;-)

More updates to follow soon... :D

No comments: