Well... it's been a while since I did an update to this blog... probably because for the last few weeks, it was touch and go, with holiday and family do's, house renovations, and planning what is going into the house, and getting sick, etc, etc, etc. Anyway... managed to squeeze in the completion of the car, and I'm glad to say, it's booked into the exhaust shop tomorrow...
Anyway... Finally put all the panels on again (IE: Boot, Engine Lid, etc), but I refrained from putting the C-Pillar trim on, although very tempting... But none-the-less, I didn't spend AUD$700 for somebody to break them... Now more than likely, it won't be on purpose, but either way, I won't take chances... Heck... it might even happen to me!!!! ;-)
Here is are a coule of pictures of the engine installed & running.... Completed purging the air from the cooling system yesterday, as I had the engine running for about 30-40mins, reving a few times to about 4000Rpms... it's sweet. Double checked the coolant this avo, and no more air.
As you can see... I sawed away part of the engine cover latch, and simply connected up a POD filter for now. If I had my way, it would be individual Air-Stacks... but then I can't get it engineered... So need to figure out how to make it legal, so I can get it engineered... Further updates on this later... ;-)
As you can see... not much of an exhaust system.... Simply used the exhaust B-Pipe, with the O2 sensor, so that I can get it started and running for a while to bleed the air out of the cooling system, so that I can drive it home after the exhaust shop, and so the exhaust shop can fit the O2 Sensor in the right place... Nice pic of the Whiteline sway Bars too.... ;-)
Don't worry... the cable it not going to be attached there... it's only temporary, until I get the exhaust fitted... ;-)
Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to take pics of the MR2 on the RAC Flatbed truck, on it's way to the exhaust shop... Further updates will follow...