Sunday, June 1, 2008

Engine Removal from 1/2 cut...

Finally gotten around to working on the 1/2 cut again... It's now mid-year, and I want this engine in the MR2... task today was to start removing the engine + wiring harness from the 1/2 cut... And of course the Drive shafts were a real pain to get out. Lucky for me, I had the oportunity to talk to Tristan, who is our local MR2 expert, and he has provided me some valuable info on how to remove it.

But... Dah!!!!!!... we forgot to drain the gearbox fluids prior pulling the drive shafts.... this is what we ended up with... :D We ended up with a nice little pudle of oil in the mids of my garage...



Anyway... We quickly cleaned it up, and proceeded to the next step. Unfortunetly, my garage isn't high enough to lift the engine out of the body, and since it was a nice cool sunny day... we moved the whole crate with the engine to the outside...
(This is Sean filling up on energy... coke... and looking at what we are about to do.... Happy that we FFinnnnnallly remove the drive shafts... ;-)



It was quiet a task removing the engine from the 1/2 cut... Apparantly, according to the way the engine mounts are fitted to the body, the engine would should be dropped in the Corolla as well!!!! Anyway... We loosened all the engine wiring harness from the body, and simply wrapped/placed them ontop of the engine, out of the way...



Then we proceeded to removing the engine.We needed to jig about the engine a bit in the body so that we could remove it from the body. Unfortunetly, we both were busy removing the engine, so we didn't actually take any pictures until after... (Me wife was out and about... IE: Shopping ;-P )

By the end of the day, we had the engine out, resting on the pallet, with all the necessary components. We moved this back into the garage, ready for the next work-in-progress...



By this time, my wife has returned, and assisted us in putting the 1/2 shell onto the front lawn so that the Metal-Collection guys can collect it later, when I'm not home. Although, after some thought, I decided not to contact them just yet... Just in case there is something on there that I still need...


(U probably going to question why it's standing upright like this... It's a long story about my wife not having her timing right... and I'll probably will sleep in the dog-house if I would explain it here... :D )


I was about to close up shop and clean up for the evening... but decided to just take a couple of pics of the MR2...


For now... That's it...